The News app is used to distribute articles, files, and links to different parts of the district website with the use of tags.
To add to Department News:
- Log onto the Website at the top of the web page.
- Visit https://www.sd308.org/Page/26550
- Click the "Edit" button in the top right of the page.
- Click on the "gray pencil icon" on the District News App.
- Click on "New" to add a new story.
- Enter a "Headline Title"
- Add an "Accent Image"
- Select File
- Shared Images
- Choose Folder (Icons-Shared, Departments, Icons-Standard)
- Select Image
- Select checkbox by "This Image is Decorative (Does not convey information)" or type in "Image Alt Text" describing the image.
- Enter a "Start Date" in MM/DD/YY formula.
- Optional: Enter an "End Date" in MM/DD/YY formula. This will automatically take your post offline.
- Select the "Current Content Type"
- Article: Any typed content.
- File: Any uploaded file.
- Link: Anything posted online that you have a hyperlink address for.
- Optional: Enter "Teaser Text"
- For all PDF Documents please note this here.
- Any longer or subtext you need below the heading of your article.
- IMPORTANT: Add tags from the tag list with a coma between them. This will magically make your item appear in all of the correct places on the website. Do not add new tags not listed below.
Espanol Tag: Please tag anything in Spanish as Espanol.
- Click "SAVE" button.
- Ed Services
- EL en Espanol
- English Learner
- Food Services
- Good News
- Health Services
- Public Notices
- Student Services