AP Human Geography - Pre-Unit 1 Lesson Plans
Day 1: Wednesday 8/18/21
Objective: Students will show a picture of themselves from their phone and answer a couple of questions so we can get to know each other.
- Get to Know Each Other Activity (3 Questions)
Day 2: Thursday 8/19/21
Objective: Students will learn learn about the school and Mr. Johnson
- “Who am I” PPT (10 Min)
- Questions about the School / Logistics
- Hand out the Google Classroom Code
Day 3: Friday 8/20/21
Objective: Students will learn what topics they will learn about in AP Human Geography. Students will learn how to navigate through Mr. Johnson’s website and Google Classroom.
- Watch the video, “Intro to AP Human Geography” and the “AP Topic” video (5 Min)
- Unit Overviews PPT (10 Min.)
- Hand out APHUG Unit Outline Sheet. Students should read through it.
- Demonstrate how to use Mr. Johnson’s website (10 Min.)
HW: Read through the syllabus that I sent them on Google Classroom
Day 4: Monday 8/23/21
Objective: Students will go over the main points of the AP Human Geography Course
- Go over the main points of the AP Human Geography syllabus (15 Min.)
- Explain saving all work on their computer in Unit folders for future AP Test review and to stay organized.
- Discuss PPT: What to expect on the AP Human Geography test (10 min)
- 2 hours 15 min
- 75 MC-60 min and 3 FRQS-75 min
- 50% of the grade is MC/50% of the grade is FRQ’s
- Must get a 3 or better to pass
- Thursday, May 5th - Test Date
- Go over the results for the past several years. (5 Min)
HW: Read through the Advice from former students handout
Day 5: Tuesday 8/24/21
Objective: Students will learn about how to create an FRQ and then will write a practice FRQ
- ABCDs of FRQ Writing PPT (20 min)
- Explain the practice “Vacation” FRQ (5 Min)
- Vacation FRQ will be assigned on Google Classroom
HW: Vacation FRQ due before class tomorrow.
Day 6: Wednesday 8/25/21
Objective: Students will evaluate and score their practice Vacation FRQ. Students will be introduced to why we study human geography
- I will go over how to properly answer the FRQ & students will score their essay. (15 Min)
- “Why study geography?” PPT (15 min)
- Students will take notes
- Show an example of a detailed finished Key Issue packet
HW: Read Ch. 1, Key Issue #1 and complete the reading guide due tomorrow.