As a Learning Behavior Specialist, I provide academic and behavioral interventions and supports for students with special needs. Interventions and supports are chosen based on individual student needs.
Some current academic curriculum, interventions and supports being provided may include one or more of the following resources:
1. ReadyGEN: English Language Arts Core Curriculum Resource
ReadyGEN 2016 by Pearson is the School District 308 primary resource for K-5 English Language Arts instruction. ReadyGEN was built on the Common Core State Standards and provides an engaging and challenging program for our elementary students. ReadyGEN is an integrated literacy program that accelerates learning for all by presenting modeled reading experience with authentic text. Students engage in practice, build motivation, and improve their reading stamina. Below is a link to online ReadyGen resources. You can obtain your child's login information from his or her teacher. The district high frequency word lists are attached below as well for your convenience.
2. My Math: Math Core Curriculum Resource
My Math is the School District 308 primary resource for mathematics K-5 instruction. My Math was built on the Common Core State Standards and provides an engaging and challenging program for our elementary students. My Math challenges students while inspiring them to embrace math through meaningful real-world applications. The three components of rigor— conceptual understanding, procedural skill and fluency, and application, —are woven with equal intensity throughout the program to meet Common Core State Standards, enabling students to steadily grow their math ability and confidence.There are many components to this program that students and parents can utilize at home. My Math online resources include tutorials, videos, student workbook, vocabulary cards, games etc. We encourage all students and parents to utilize this resource at home! Below is a link to the online resource. You can obtain your child's login information from his or her teacher.
Other Intervention Possibilities
1. Ready-Up: Reading Intervention
2. Lexia: Reading Intervention
3. Reading A-Z (RAZ Plus): Reading Intervention
4. FUNdations: Reading Intervention
5. Ravo: Reading Decoding/Fluency Intervention
6. Just Words: Reading Decoding/Fluency Intervention
7. Rewards: Reading Decoding/Fluency Intervention
8. Wilson Reading System: Reading Decoding/Fluency Intervention
9. Number Worlds: Math Intervention
10. Other resources determined as needed