Get To Know Internet Essentials from Comcast
Internet Essentials from Comcast brings affordable, high-speed Internet to your home so you can have greater access to homework, job opportunities, healthcare and benefits, higher education resources and more. When you’re connected, you’re ready for anything.
The program is now available to even more low-income households beyond those participating in the National School Lunch Program and receiving housing assistance, including Medicaid, SNAP, SSI and others.
It provides low-cost Internet service (speeds up to 25/2 Mbps) for $9.95 a month plus tax including in-home WiFi at no additional charge and access to 40 hours every 30 days of WiFi outside the home through Xfinity Hotspots; the option to purchase an Internet-ready computer for $149.99; and access to free digital literacy training available in print, online and in person. There are no activation or equipment rental fees. Certain eligibility restrictions apply.
How to QualifyTo qualify, your household must:
- Be in a Comcast serviceable area.
- Receive state and/or federal assistance.
- Not have any level of Xfinity Internet service now or within the last 90 days.
- Not have an outstanding Comcast balance that is less than one year old.
Including meeting all of the above, your household must also be eligible for or receive public assistance like:
- Medicaid: Federal Healthcare Program.
- NSLP: National School Lunch Program.
- SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Housing: public housing assistance including HUD, Section 8, Housing Choice Vouchers, etc.
- TANF: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- SSI: Supplemental Security Income.
- LIHEAP: Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Federal Pell Grant: Community college financial aid (CO and IL only).
- WIC: Women, Infants, and Children.
- VA: Veterans Pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration.
- Tribal Assistance program including TTANF, FDPIR.
Learn more about Internet Essentials at internetessentials.com or es.internetessentials.com.
Comcast Customer Service supports TTY/TTD. Call 711 for Customer Service if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a hearing or speech disability. You can also visit xfinity.com/ASL for additional support.
What You'll GetInternet Essentials includes:
- 15/2 Mbps Internet service for just $9.95 a month + tax.
- No activation fees and no equipment rental fees.
- Option to purchase a computer for just $149.99 + tax.
- Access to free Internet training online, in print and in person.
- A Wireless Gateway, delivering in-home WiFi at no additional cost.
- Access to 40 one-hour sessions of Xfinity WiFi Hotspots every 30 days.