Excretory System Objectives
*1. Label the components of the urinary system and list their functions
2. Describe and *label the structural features of the kidneys (*labeling was completed in class)
3. Trace (Describe don't Draw) the path of blood flow to and from the kidney
4. Describe the anatomy and function of the parts of the nephron and how they are related to the associated capillary system.
5. Name and describe the 3 processes involved in urine formation.
6. Compare filtrate in the nephron to the composition of normal urine.
7. Explain the role of antidiurectic hormone (ADH) in the regulation of water balance by the kidney.
Monday, March 2
Class in F321 computer lab
Tuesday, March 3
HW: Objectives 2-3
Read p 518-521
Wednesday, March 4
Review the "real" Kidney AnatomyThursday, March 5Dissection Portfolio work
Due at the end of the dayHW: Notes: Excretory System Part 2 due Monday
Friday, March 6
Review Kidney Information
Work on Notes for Monday
Monday, March 9
HW: Objectives 4-7 (Use your book or other resources for number 7, focus on negative feedback)Tuesday, March 10
Lab: Kidney FiltrationWednesday, March 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc8sUv2SuaY Review of the system/nephrons
Thursday, March 12
Test Excretory SystemFriday, March 13