Dr. Sparlin's Message
Welcome to Community Unit School District 308. I am proud to say that District 308 is one of the most outstanding public school systems in the state of Illinois. The district has experienced wonderful success throughout the years by demonstrating excellent academic achievement as well as an incredible offering of extracurricular programs.
School District 308 is the seventh largest and one of the fastest growing public school systems in our state, with an enrollment of more than 18,000 students in 22 schools, serving pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. District 308 covers 68.8 square miles, and serves all of Oswego, as well as portions of Aurora, Joliet, Montgomery, Plainfield, and Yorkville.
In District 308, we are continuously striving for improvement in our programs and services. We are a place where all students will grow and learn. Our goal is to provide each student with a comprehensive educational experience to ensure they are ready to compete globally by the time their education is complete.
This year our district will be working on several important priorities and initiatives:
- College and Career Readiness
- Balanced Budget
- District - Wide Crisis/Safety Plan Rollout
- Incease Average Daily Attendance
- New Site Implementation for GOAL, Opportunity and Transition programs
- Curriculum Cycle Review, Implementation, Resources to include Instructional Technology
- Alignment of Accountability to new Every Student Succeeds Act
- Initiate Rethinking Senior Year Changes (internships, mentoring, work experience)
- Grading and Promotion
- Social-Emotional Learning Improvements and Structure to include Student Discipline Procedures
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plan Implementation
Leading a large, comprehensive educational system is a complex endeavor. I appreciate and acknowledge the critical role that the Board of Education as well as our families play in making our district the best it can be. Working together, I am certain we will achieve our mission to educate all students to reach their highest potential.
School District 308 is a special place that has enjoyed much success. I encourage you to find out more about our district and all that it has to offer to our students and our community.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the district.
Dr. John W. Sparlin
Superintendent of Schools