When should my student stay home from school?
Your child is too ill to go to school if he/she has any of the following symptoms:
· Vomiting and/or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
· Shortness of breath or wheezing (not controlled with an inhaler if they have asthma)
· A cough that interrupts his/her normal activity or wakes them, or other family members at night.
· An undiagnosed rash unless cleared by a physician’s note
· Drainage from the eye
· Severe sore throat
· Fever- If your child has a temperature of 100° (or higher) in the past 24 hours they cannot attend school. Children are to be fever-free for 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication, before returning to school.
· A contagious illness that is treated with antibiotics, such as strep throat or pink eye, and has not been taking the antibiotics for a full 24 hours before returning to school.