Modern World History
Day 1: Wednesday, August 18th, 2021
Objective: Students will get to know their classmates.
- Get to know each other activity. (5 Questions)
- Discuss in class
Day 2: Thursday, August 19th, 2021
Objective: Students will learn about what the school has to offer.
- Get to know Mr. Johnson
- Questions about the school / Logistics
Day 3: Friday, August 20th, 2021
Objective: Students will demonstrate their ability to organize events by creating a personal timeline.
- Give them the Google Classroom Invite
- Explain the Personal Timeline Project.
HW: Personal Timeline Project due Tuesday (8/24)
Day 4: Monday, August 23rd, 2021
Objective: Students will understand the expectations of the course. Students will demonstrate their ability to organize events by creating a personal timeline.
- Go over the course syllabus
- Time to work on the Personal Timeline Assignment
HW: Personal Timeline is due tomorrow
Day 5: Tuesday, August 24th, 2021
Objective: Students will be introduced to the difference between a primary and secondary source. Students will also learn what history is and why it is important to study it.
- “What is History” PPT (15 Min.)
- Primary vs. Secondary Sources
- Pear Deck – Primary and Secondary Source Examples
- Ask the students what primary sources have they left behind?
- Practice Quiz on Primary and Secondary Sources
Day 6: Wednesday, August 25th, 2021
Objective: Students will demonstrate their understanding of Primary and Secondary Sources. Students will analyze a document & demonstrate their understanding by completing an a SOAPStone
- Explain SOAPStone (10 Min)
- Read the article on Martin Luther King together and complete the SOAPStone W.S.
HW: Students will read the intro document on the Middle Ages and answer the questions.