KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION 20/21
Welcome to District 308,
The important information provided below is to assist parents with transportation services for kindergarten students. Please take a few moments to review and familiarize yourself with the procedures and share the bus safety rules with your child. We are always happy to assist you with any questions you may have. We at Transportation wish your child a safe and successful school year.
Transportation services are provided to kindergarten student’s that reside 1.5 miles or more, or is within 1.5 miles from his/her assigned school where walking to school would constitute a serious safety hazard approved by the Board of Education and certified by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Kindergarten students will be assigned seating within the first five rows of the school bus. Parents/Guardians may request a sibling to sit with them.
When returning students home at the end of the school day, we do not make phone calls and drivers are not authorized to use the horn. If an authorized adult or sibling is not present, the student will be kept on the bus and returned to the school for parent pick up.
Parents/Guardians may obtain route information on the district’s website at www.sd308.org under District Departments, then Transportation.
- Full Day Kindergarten: AM and PM bus stops will be centrally located based on students’ address. An authorized adult must be present at the drop-off location to receive your Kindergarten student. Please complete a “Student Release Authorization” form to include authorized adults or a sibling that can receive your student.
- AM Half Day Kindergarten: In the morning, your student will go to a centrally located bus stop. After school, your student will be dropped off at your home address or at a centrally located bus stop. An authorized adult must be present at the drop-off location to receive your Kindergarten student. Please complete a “Student Release Authorization” form to include authorized adults or a sibling that can receive your student.
- Pick-up and Drop-off Times and Location: Please have your student ready and at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the pick-up time. Our buses are on a schedule and we need to be on time for ALL of our students.
- Alternate Pick-up, Drop-off or Daycare Location: District Transportation Services allows you to have a separate address for pick-up or drop-off within the same boundary as your child’s school. However, location must be the same Monday-Friday, 5 days per week. Your daycare provider must be within the same boundary as your child’s school in order to receive bus transportation. For example, if a student attends Old Post, they may be transported to an alternate location that is also within the Old Post boundary.
** An “Alternate Pick Up / Drop Off Location” form must be completed annually and submitted to the Transportation Center by August 5, 2020. After that date, any applications received will not start until September 9, 2020.
- Information Changes: In the event of an address change, or if the student was originally Parent Pick-up, it can take up to five business days to place your student on a route. Please contact your child’s school with any address or phone number changes.
- Identification: Photo identification will be required by the receiving adult.
- Bus Safety Rules - Please reference these Bus Safety Rules with your child:
Stay seated at all times
Talk quietly to your neighbor, remember to use your inside voice
Keep your hands and your feet to yourself
No eating or drinking on the bus, we have many students that have ALLERGIES!
The school bus driver will always help you
Listen to the school bus driver
55 Stonehill Road | Oswego, IL 60543
Phone: (630) 636-2999 | Bilingual: (630) 636-2986 | Fax: (630) 636-2990