BOE Advisory Committees
2022-2023 Advisory Committees
Community Advisory Committee
The School District 308 Board of Education believes in the active involvement and participation of the communities served by the school district. The Board has formed the Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for the purpose of seeking advice and providing widespread involvement in issues affecting the school district. As the school district grows and changes, this advisory committee allows the Board to increase involvement and receive input from patrons on key issues of the school district.
- This advisory committee serves to support and promote the district's goals related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The committee collaborates with district stakeholders to support the processes that create an inclusive school community. Equity ensures all students benefit from access to quality instruction, learning resources, supports, and opportunities.
- The committee advocates for centering equity in district policies, practices, curricula, resources and school culture.
Finance & Facilities Committee
- This advisory committee considers district finances, operations and business practices that may be acted upon by the Board of Education.
- This committee will address long-range planning for facilities and other elements of facility development and construction, including student enrollment planning and projection, building capacity and utilization, and district boundaries.
Policy Development & Legislative Committee
- This advisory committee reviews policies and oversees annual review cycles of Board policies, including student handbooks, to be recommended to the Board of Education.
- This committee will work together as advocates for the district to discuss significant legislative issues related to education and provide input on these initiatives. This information will be provided to the Board of Education in an effort to establish open and consistent communication between the district and local, state and national elected officials.
Teaching & Learning Committee
- This advisory committee will consider curriculum, staff development, student achievement and other similar topics to be recommended to the Board of Education.
Previous Board of Education Advisory Committees
Facilities and Planning
Finance and Operations
Teaching and Learning
English Learners Task Force
Last Modified on January 3, 2023