Freshmen Health Syllabus
Welcome to Health Education!
Mr. Heath – Room K204
Office: Boys Silver Athletic Locker Room
Voicemail: 630-636-2362 Email: email@example.com
Goal of the class:
- Gain knowledge about all aspects of health.
- Recognize how all of the health topics we talk about are related to real everyday life.
- Inspire young adults to become health conscious and to develop more knowledge of health topics.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle not only now but into their future.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself!
Wellness, Stress Management, Chronic Illnesses/Diseases, Drug Use/Effects, Peer Pressure, Media Influences, Nutrition, Mental/Emotional Health, Coping w/loss, Suicide, STI Prevention, Disease Prevention, Anatomy, Body Systems, Sexuality, Decision-Making Skills
Bring to class everyday:
- Textbook (will be provided in class)
- A spiral notebook for note-taking and journal reflections
- Pen/Pencil – You must be prepared for class!
- Folder to keep worksheets in
Your grade will consist of:
- Classwork (30%) - Journal Entries – Book work - Participation points – Class activities
- Projects (30%) - Group Projects - Individual Projects
- Tests/Quizzes (30%) – Formal and informal assessments
- Final Exam (10%) – Cumulative End of Semester
F 59 and below
Late work Policy:
Any work turned in one day late, from the due date, will receive half credit.