Oswgo High School
College Preparatory Statistics
TEACHER NAME Mr. Tu
WEB SITE https://www.sd308.org/Page/26918
TEACHER EMAIL ADDRESS email@example.com
This course provides an additional year of mathematics for students who want an alternative to the traditional senior mathematics courses. Topics covered include, but are not limited to: collecting, analyzing, summarizing, and correlating data, regression, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing and probability. A TI 83+ or TI 84+ graphing calculator is required.
Student’s final grade will be based on the following OHS grading scale:
A+: 97% – 100% A: 93% – 96% A–: 90% – 92%
B+: 87% – 89% B: 83% – 86% B–: 80% – 82%
C+: 77% – 79% C: 73% – 76% C–: 70% – 72%
D+: 67% – 69% D: 63% – 66% D–: 60% – 62%
F: 59% or below I: Incomplete
- Homework should be neatly organized and kept separate from class notes.
- Homework must be turned in at the beginning of the class and at the time the teacher collects. Otherwise, it will be treated as a missing assignment.
- The assignments will be scored as following:
Complete homework: 5 points
Incomplete homework (with more than 75% completed): 4 point
Incomplete homework (with more than 50% completed): 3 point
Missing or incomplete homework (with less than 50% completed): 0 point
NO LATE HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Each quiz is worth 100 points.
- Usually one or two quizzes will be given for each Chapter. Each quiz must be finished within the designated time frame.
- NO RETAKEN FOR ANY QUIZ.
- Each test is worth 100 points.
- Test will be given at the end of each Chapter. Each test must be finished within the designated time frame.
- NO RETAKEN FOR ANY TEST.
Every student must have his/her own calculator during any Quiz and Test. No calculator is allowed to loan to or borrowed from another student during the Quiz and Test. Each student is allowed to have a one-sided standard size paper (8-1/2 x 11) cheat-sheet in each Quiz, a double-sided standard size paper (8-1/2 x 11) cheat-sheet in each Test.
- Each project socre varies dependent on the project.
- Projects are a huge component of this class. It is essential that students view each project as more important than the class quizzes and tests. Projects can be turned in late however, for each school day late the final project grade will be lowered by 10%. The maximum reduction in each project grades is 50%. Students must turn in their late project no later than the date of the next chapter test. Otherwise, the project grade will be zero. This will apply to all members involved with the project.
- NO REDO AND RESUBMIT FOR ANY PROJECT.
If you are absent, you have the number of days you were absent plus one additional day to make up the missed assignments. It is your responsibility to get missed assignments from the teacher or from the classmate(s). It is also your responsibility to actively contact the teacher to make arrangement for taking the missed quiz(zes) or test(s).
- No extra credit questions are in any quiz and test.
- NO EXTRA CREDIT WILL BE ASSIGNED TO ANY STUDENT TO MOVE THE STUDENT’S COURSE GRADE UP.
Homework, Quizzes, Tests may be made up only if you are absent on that day. For Quizzes and Tests, arrangements must be made in advance.
Cheating won’t help you learn and it will not be tolerated. If you are suspected of cheating (that includes helping other students cheat), you will receive a zero score on whatever you were cheating on. This score will not be dropped or replaced. You may also be subject to other disciplinary action according to OHS policy.
Homework assignments should be completed independently. You may find it helpful to form study groups and work on homework assignments together, but you are cheating yourself out of the opportunity to learn if you divide up the homework assignments among study group members and or copy the work off of other student(s).
SCOPE OF THE COURSE
The following chapters in the textbook will be taught:
Chapter 11 (only 11.2 and 11.3)
TEACHER SUPPORT DATE
8/24 9/7 9/21 10/5 10/19 10/26 11/2 11/16 11/30 12/14 1/11 1/25 2/8 2/22 3/8 3/22 4/19 4/5 5/3 5/10