To promote district transparency and assist others who may have similar requests for information, District 308 responses to FOIA responses can be viewed below:
FOIA ID Date Request Received Information Requested Name of Requester Status/Date of Response Time to Complete in Hours 22-37 6/13/2022
Request for any all documents related to the bullying investigation that was requested by my wife regarding Oswego East. Included in this request, is how each Board member voted and anything and all that was presented to the District 308 school board related to this matter during June 6, 2022 or whichever meeting generated your joke of letter that was received by my family on June 11, 2022.
Tim Boecker 6/15/2022 4 22-36 6/6/2022
Employee Name Employee Title Current compensation; Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Annual Salary ($XXXXXXX) Annual Stipends ($XXXXXXX); Annual Bonuses ($XXXXXXX) Hours Worked per week (XX.X); The employee has contract with school/district: Y/N Annual Contract Duration if other than 12 months (months) Date of hire (MM/DD/YYYY); Job Date (if other than Date of Hire) (MM/DD/YYYY) Previous job (if known); Highest attained degree (HS, BS, MS, PhD, JD, other) Highest degree's emphasis; Highest degree date or year (MM/YYYY or YYYY) Certifications (especially if required/preferred for job) FLSA status (EXEMPT, NONEXEMPT); Direct Manager Name Direct Manager's Title.
For each unique job submitted (per employee job title), please provide any and all policies and respective guidelines that describe the following:
Determining the rate of pay for new hires; Determining the rate of pay for promotions; Determining the salary adjustments for current job holders/incumbents Determining salary adjustments mid-term to their contract or school year Determining counter-offers for employees announcing their resignation
Austin Schleeter, Morgan HR 6/21/2022 15 22-35 6/6/2022
Copies of Oswego CUSD 308's natural gas & electricity bills, as well as the copies of the contracts entered into for each. I'm only requesting one recent copy of the District's natural gas and electricity bills that correspond to the District's existing agreements. Please include any Broker agreement if one exists.
Derek Betlejewski 6/6/2022 4 22-34 5/18/2022
SmartProcure is submitting a commercial FOIA request to the Oswego Community Unit School District No. 308 for any and all purchasing records from 12/16/2021 to current. The request is limited to readily available records without physically copying, scanning or printing paper documents. Any editable electronic document is acceptable.
The specific information requested from your record keeping system is:
- Purchase order number. If purchase orders are not used a comparable substitute is acceptable, i.e., invoice, encumbrance, or check number
- Purchase date
- Line item details (Detailed description of the purchase)
- Line item quantity
- Line item price
- Vendor ID number, name, address, contact person and their email address
Sheri Ried, SmartProcure 5/24/2022 3 22-31 4/4/2022
Requesting current multifunction and production copiers lease agreement, along
with terms and conditions; multifunction copier and production copier maintenance agreement, along with terms and conditions.
Nancy Harrell Holstein, Canon Solutions America, Inc. 4/5/2022 2 22-27 3/22/2022
Any and All contracts with Safeway Transportation; The Request for Bid or RFP that was issued as the basis of an award of a contract to Safeway; Board records awarding a contract to Safeway; Any and all proposals from Safeway to the District for student transportation services and copies of Purchase Orders: 2203684; 2203161; 2204406; 2205004; 2202106; 2202511 and 2202633.
Rick Klaus 3/25/2022 2 22-26 3/2/2022
I request access to and/or a copy of data on reconsideration forms or other forms that challenge library books. For this request, please provide what can be shared of the following:
• The book (or other library resource) being challenged
• The action requested in such a challenge, and the outcome of such challenges
• Details on the reason for the challenge
• Whether the book (or other library resource) was a part of a curriculum or official program
• Such data over time, from Jan 2018 up until the most current date at the point of production.
• Such data electronically, ideally in a spreadsheet format.
• Any available information on the challenger
• Any other available aggregated data relevant to such challenges
Jonathan P. Fagg ABC7 Chicago 3/3/2022 1 22-25 2/28/2022
Requesting a copy of the most recent contract for the Superintendent and for the CSBO/CFO of the School District.
TheFOIALady 2/28/2022 1 22-24 2/28/2022
I request the following information for all learning material provided or published by Pearson for SD308 K-9 classes, or SD308 staff. Title of any type of learning material provided by Pearson. This includes but is not limited to textbook(s), eText(s), eTextbook(s), training materials or Study tool(s) utilized currently, or in the past 2 years. The associated grade & class names for each Title in item #1
Any type of communications related to the purchase and/or use of the materials. This includes, but is not limited to e-mails, memos, content reviews or assessments, proposals, presentations, contracts, receipts, and curriculum approval.
Joanne Johnson 3/3/2022 1 22-23 2/17/2022
This is a request under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act to request copies of any and all emails between Shon Keener and any District Official or Board Member containing the word 'mask' between 2/2/2022 and 2/16/2022.
As the district uses Google Workplace - searching for such emails will take no more than a few minutes. Please download copies of these messages and .zip them up to deliver over email.
Michael Wareman 2/25/2022 1 22-22 2/17/2022
This is a request under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act to request details about any and all Board meetings (closed or open) held in the 14 days between 2/2/2022 and 2/16/2022 (inclusive).
Details should include minutes, decisions and the voting record.
Michael Wareman 2/24/2022 1.5 22-21 2/17/2022
This is a request under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act to request a copy of any and all emails between Board members regarding any special meetings held between the above dates called for any purpose but where matters of District mask policy were discussed.
Michael Wareman 2/24/2022 1 22-20 2/17/2022
This is a request under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act to request a record of all email and phone calls between District Officials and Board Members where any action to adjust mask policy was discussed.
Michael Wareman 2/24/2022 1 22-19 2/17/2022
This is a request under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act to request a record of all actions related to the establishing, modifying or rescinding the SD308 COVID Safety Plan as initially approved by the SD308 Board. All Action includes record of all meetings related to this plan, actions taken (with the voting record) including any actions taken by the Administration (including the notice published at approximately 6:37pm 2/16/2022 where notice was given that the Board approved and mandated safety plan was being modified without any apparent Board vote - a violation of the Illinois Open Meetings act)
Michael Wareman 2/22/2022 1 22-18 2/17/2022
This is a Freedom of Information Act request for details of all versions of the change of this web page:
Each revision of the page should include a copy of the before and after, details about the authentication/user account making the change and the IP address that the change was made from - from the initial creation of the page to the latest change of the page dated 2/16/2022.
Michael Wareman 2/22/2022 1 22-17 2/17/2022
- Copies of any and all contracts with the State of Illinois that were used in the forming and implementation of Policy 7:165.
- Copies of any and all contracts with the Federal Government that were used in the forming and implementation of Policy 7:165es
- Copies of any and all communication to the school administration from the any employee/agency of the State of Illinois including the Governor, that were used in the forming and implementation of Policy 7:165, this includes letters and
- Copies of any and all communication to the school administration from the any employee/agency of the Federal Government that were used in the forming and implementation of Policy 7:165, this includes letters and
- **Second time requesting this info : Provide a copy of a complete list of all OSD308 Administration and Board members that were involved in the drafting and executing OSD308 policy 7:165.
- Copy of detailed register or letter of all the money awarded from the State of Illinois to OSD308 for the implementation and enforcement of policy 7:165 including signatures on the checks.
- Copy of detailed register or letter of all the money awarded from the Federal Government to O5D308 for the implementation and enforcement of policy 7:165 including signatures on the checks.
- Copy of detailed register or letter of how all the money awarded from the State of Illinois to OSD308 for the implementation and enforcement of policy 7:165 was allocated and
- Copy of detailed register or letter of how all the money awarded from the Federal Government to OSD308 for the implementation and enforcement of policy 7:165 was allocated and disbursed
- Copy of exact informational packet submitted to the OSD308 Board from school administration regarding request for approval of policy 7:165 include all applicable
- Copy of any and all correspondence to the State of Illinois from administrators regarding OS0308 being in compliance with 7:165 and requesting funds including all Emails and letters with
James Hugunin 2/24/2022 1 22-16 2/15/2022
Copies of all documentation , paper, email, etc. on the cost of the legal representation of the District in defense of the parent's lawsuit, which resulted in the TRO granted on February 4th, 2012. Did the district pay for it? Were the legal costs funded by another party and if so, what percentage was funded of the total legal costs to date.
Natalie Smith 2/23/2022 1 22-15 2/15/2022
all communication - email, text, memo, letters etc - between school board members and district administration regarding the TRO issued by Judge Grischow in the DeVore case of parents v districts, governor, ISBE/IDPH Specific dates Feb 1 through Feb 15 and including external communication and references
Natalie Smith 2/23/2022 2 22-14 2/15/2022
Please consider this a new FOIA request. This FOIA was not answered. I didn't ask for the emails from the parents. I asked for emails between board members and school administrators and if I have to be more clear in my request - this includes emails between board members to board members, board members to ANY school administrator (i.e. Dr. Sparlin and any other school official involved in the announcement to keep mask mandatory), emails between ANY school administrators and other school administrators and school administrators to any board members - as it relates to the decision they made to keep masks mandatory.
Thomas Nanninga 2/23/2022 13 22-13 2/8/2022
1. Copies of the completed Surety bonds secured on behalf of the OSD308 Board members Donna Marino, LaTonya Simelton, Jennifer Johnson, Eugene Gatewood, Alison Swanson, Lauri Doyle as a condition to hold the position;
2. Copies of the completed Dishonesty and Faithful Performance of Duty policy secured on behalf of the OSD308 Board members Donna Marino, LaTonya Simelton, Jennifer Johnson, Eugene Gatewood, Alison Swanson, Lauri Doyle as a condition to hold the position;
3. Copies of signed and executed Oath of Office forms completed by OSD308 Board members Donna Marino, LaTonya Simelton, Jennifer Johnson, Eugene Gatewood, Alison Swanson, Lauri Doyle
4. Copies of the completed Surety bond and Dishonesty and Faithful Performance of Duty policy secured on behalf of the OSD308 Superintendent Dr. John Sparlin;
5. Copy of OSD308 General Liability insurance policy including any additional riders or addendums;
6. Provide a copy of a complete list of all OSD308 Administration and Board members that were involved in the drafting and executing OSD308 policy 7:165 Students use of facemask during a pandemic.
Jim Hugunin 2/14/2022 3 22-12 2/8/2022 All communications between board members and school administrators from 2/3/2022 and 2/7/2022 related to anything to do with the decison to implement the safety plan which continued to enforce mandatory masks on all school property and any communications as to the decision to cancel the board meeting that was scheduled for 2/7/22 and reschedule it to 2/10/22. Thomas Nanninga 2/14/2022 5 22-11 2/7/2022
Terms and Confidions of the ESSR funds allocated to SD308, as well as the dates and amounts of payments received from Jan 2020 - Feb 2022. Agreements to include the Terms & Conditions to receive the funds between SD308 & any Illinois governmental entity or US Federal governmental entity
How the funds were allocated within SD308; Points of particular interest are:
Masking requirements to enter the building; Employee vaccination or testing requirements; Any funds directly related to SEL, DEI or CRT
Joanne Johnson 2/11/2022 3 22-10 2/7/2022
A photocopy of your Public Official Surety Bond required by Illinois (15 ILCS 405/3) (from Ch. 15, par. 203).
A photocopy of the governing board of education blanket surety bond if your board requires the members to be bonded under a blanket bond.
A photocopy of your Errors & Omissions (E&O), a Surety Liability Insurance policy, and the Duty of Care policy if applicable.
A photocopy of your school board General Obligation Bonds if applicable.
A photocopy of your general long term bond for the school board if applicable. A photocopy of your school board Crime Policy if applicable.
A photocopy of your Risk Management Policy if applicable. A photocopy of the following documents if applicable:
ACORD 125; ACORD 126; ACORD 127; ACORD 128
The documents should indicate the policy number and the insured amount of the policy.
A photocopy of the Certificate of Liability if applicable.
Public Officials and/or any other bonds pertaining to proof of liability and policies. **Based on any and all loses of financial responsibility due to negligence or dishonesty. Any and all based on the contract of terms and conditions.
A photocopy of the Faithful Performance Bond if applicable. A photocopy of the Fidelity Bond if applicable.
A photocopy of the Public Employee Dishonesty Policy if applicable. A photocopy of the Public Employee Blanket Bond if applicable.
A photocopy of the Statutory Bond if applicable. A photocopy of the Official Bond if applicable.
A photocopy of the power of attorney for the surety bond company.
A photo copy of the Blanket Bond power of attorney for the surety bond company if applicable.
(15 ILCS 405/3) (from Ch. 15, par. 203) Sec. 3. Oath and Bond: Before entering upon the duties of his or her office, the Comptroller shall take and subscribe to the oath or affirmation prescribed by Article XIII, Section 3 of the constitution and shall give bond payable to the People of the State of Illinois in the sum of $1,000,000 by inclusion in the blanket bond or bonds or self-insurance program provided for in Sections 14.1 and 14.2 of the Official Bond Act. The bond shall be conditioned (i) on the faithful discharge of the Comptroller’s duties, (ii) on the delivery of all papers, books, records, and other property appertaining to his or her office, whole, safe, and undefaced, to the successor in office, and (iii) on the Comptroller giving such additional bonds as may be legally required.
Joanne Johnson 2/14/2022 5 22-09 2/6/2022 List of all OEHS Suspensions listed by date from 2019-2022, including: 1) Reason for suspension, 2) Length of suspension (specifially indicating# out of school days & # of In school days), 3) Demographics of suspendee (Age, Race, & Gender), and 4) Name of Administrator assigning the suspension.
Also, A list of all complaints against current members of the OEHS administration, as well as the HR files from Brandon Senters and Margaret Darnell.
Nicky Boeker 2/22/2022 9 22-08 2/3/2022 All names and application answers for all applicants to the Oswego SD308 Board of Education Seat vacated by Ruth Kroner in 2021, and opened for application on Jan. 3 Andrew F. Nicholson 2/8/2022 5 22-07 1/28/2022 Requesting Surety Bond coverage for school district board members and administration. Also, provide instructions on how to file a claim. Joanne Johnson 2/4/2022 2 22-06 1/18/2022 Requesting a copy of every video recorded at Open Session Meeting from 2016/2017. If they are no longer available, I would be interested in any audio recordings that exist for these meetings. Open Session only. I do not want notes from the meetings. Jared Ploger 1/27/2022 10 22-05 1/20/2022
I’m requesting information for the new construction, renovation and/or maintenance work planned at 2 high schools; 5 junior high schools and 13 elementary schools for the 2022 calendar year which includes the scope listed below. In addition, if any contracts have already been awarded, please include the names and contact information of those contractor(s) and/or sub-contractor(s).
HVAC (Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation), Exhaust Systems; Architectural Metals used for weatherproofing and/or ornamental purposes; Gutters and /or Downspouts; New installation and/or replacement of lockers; New installation and/or replacement of toilet partitions; Kitchen Renovations; Current HVAC Maintenance Contracts
Ron Mika smart265.org 1/25/2022 5 22-04 1/18/2022 Provide name and email address of any certified staff who are retiring this year. Nathan Mihelich IRTA 1/20/2022 2 22-03 1/11/2022 Requesting documentation of remote learning equipment reported as missing, damaged, broken, stolen or otherwise unavailable for use. For this request, please provide the information in aggregate including (if available): type of device, school that device-assigned student attends, date of issuance, data or report of loss, and any other relevant information. In addition, please provide (if available) documentation showing the total number of remote learning equipment assigned. Jonathan P. Fagg - WLS7 1/14/2022 1