Objectives*Objectives will be completed in class through a class activity and do not need to be written
1. Describe the location of the heart in the body.
2. Identify the top and bottom heart chambers and their general functions.
3. *Trace the pathway of blood through the heart identifying the major blood vessels, chambers, and heart valves and compare the functions of the heart chambers on the right and left sides.
4. Compare the pulmonary and systemic circuits.
5. Identify and describe the membranes of the heart and the three layers of the heart wall.
6. Explain the purpose of the heart valves and the specific names and locations of each.
7. Explain the sounds heard during a heart beat.
8. Discuss the purpose of the coronary arteries.
9. Describe the components and functions of the conducting system of the heart be sure to know what the av and sa nodes, bundle of his, and purkinje fibers are and how they operate in the conducting system
10. Explain the events of the cardiac cycle.
11. Describe blood pressure: systole and diastole.
12. Compare and contrast the structure and function of arteries, veins, and capillaries.
13. Explain the differences in how blood flows through arteries and veins.
14. *Name the major arteries and veins in the body. (list will be given)
Friday, February 2
HW: Notes: Intro to Cardiovascular System
Monday, February 5
Cadaver Lab Field Trip
Tuesday, February 6
Cardiovascular System POGIL
Wednesday, February 7
HW: Objectives 1,2,4-6, Read pgs. 361-366
http://www.wisc-online.com/objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=AP12504 very basic heart anatomy- good place to start
http://www.gwc.maricopa.edu/class/bio202/cyberheart/hartint0.htm learn the basic parts of the internal heart
http://www.gwc.maricopa.edu/class/bio202/cyberheart/hartbak.htm learn the basic parts of the external heart
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/circulatory-system/MM00636 More practice labeling
http://www.wisc-online.com/Objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=AP12504 (for basic heart flow)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/map-human-heart.html (blood flow and anatomy of the heart)
http://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/Contexts/See-through-Body/Sci-Media/Animations-and-Interactives/Label-the-heart (anatomy and blood flow)
Thursday, February 8
Cardiovascular: Heart Wrksht with Heart modelsHW: Reinforcement (if no school tomorrow - if we have school tomorrow, we will do this in class) , Wordbytes Quiz Monday
Friday, February 9
HW: Notes Cardiovascular 2, Read pgs. 367-374
Cath Lab video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeH4zPzQgRc
Monday, February 12
Word Bytes Quiz, Cardiovascular 2
HW: Objectives 7-11, Notes Blood Vessels
Tuesday, February 13
List of Veins and Arteries to Know for Labeling and Test
HW: Objectives 12-13
Prep for Heart DissectionAwesome video, not cut the same as we will cut- but gives helpful tips on figuring out what is what!cuts more like ours- do not let the term auricle confuse you- it is the same as atrium
Wednesday, February 14
HW: Print photos so far
Thursday, February 15
HW: Bring Photos for Portfolio, check ANSWER KEY for veins and arteries diagrams
Friday, February 16 SIP Day 3.5 hour dayReview: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/circulatory-system/MM00636, bring photos for portfolio!
Monday, February 19
No School - Presidents' Day
Tuesday, February 20
Finish Portfolio Work - due at end of class
HW: Study for test tomorrowWednesday, February 21Test