The Community Unit School District 308 Board of Education is searching for a new Superintendent of Schools. The ideal candidate would be a visionary educational leader who champions high standards, values staff, encourages community involvement, and believes every child can achieve.
All inquiries should be directed to:
Matt Bauman, Board of Education Presidentmbauman@sd308.org
Candidates should not contact the offices of Community Unit School District 308Required Qualifications:
- Letter of Interest
- Valid Illinois Professional Educator License with Superintendent endorsement
- Master’s degree required; Doctorate preferred
- At least 5 years administrative/executive level-experience in public K-12 education
- Knowledge of the Illinois education system, laws, funding, curriculum, and assessments
- Provide strong instructional and administrative leadership
- Foster a positive, professional culture of innovation, trust, respect collaboration and life-long learning among faculty, staff and administrators
- Effectively align district systems and operations and organizational performance to the goals and values of the district
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of the management of facilities, transportation, technology and budgeting facets of district operations
- Respond to diverse community interests and develop collaborative partnerships with the greater community to support the learning priorities of the district
Regionally competitive comprehensive salary and benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting the Board of Education’s criteria.