District 308 and the Oswego Foundation for Education Excellence Distinguished Alumni program was
established in an effort to highlight those exceptional graduates who have used their experiences to
improve both the lives and communities they live in.
The Foundation is accepting nominations for the SD308 and Oswego Foundation for Education
Excellence Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame in the following categories:
• Arts and Entertainment
• Business and Commerce
• Community Service and Volunteerism
• Education and Humanities
• Government and Military
• Medicine and Health
• Philanthropy and Non-Profit
• Science and Technology
• Sports and Recreation
Criteria to be considered
• A nominee has graduated from an SD 308 high school, or the Oswego High School which preceded the
formation of SD308, at least 10 years prior to nomination. (This requirement may be waived for
candidates who entered military service prior to their graduation or for other special circumstances)
• A nominee has significant accomplishments and/or community service that have been recognized as
outstanding through the receipt of awards, honors, or other forms of distinction.
• A nominee has made a profound and positive international, national, regional or local impact on their
chosen field or community.
• Posthumous nominations will be accepted.
Procedure for Nominations
• Nominations may be made by alumni, current or former faculty and staff, administrators, and
• Nominations need to be submitted by February 20th, 2020. Each of the attached nomination forms
should be fully completed and submitted as outlined on the form.
• Nominations will be kept on file and reconsidered for the next two years following submission. After
three years, a candidate maybe re-nominated.