District/Student Privacy Policies
Privacy and Monitoring
- Privacy. Students have no expectation of privacy in their use of the SD308 Network and Computer Resources. By authorizing student use of technology resources, SD308 does not relinquish control over materials on the systems or contained in files on the systems. There is no expectation of privacy related to information stored or transmitted over the SD308 Network or in school systems. SD308 reserves the right to access, review, copy, store, or delete any files stored on Computer Resources and any student communication using the SD308 Network or school system. Electronic messages and files stored on SD308 computers or transmitted using SD308 systems may be treated like any other school property. District administrators may review files and messages to maintain system integrity and, if necessary, to ensure that students are acting responsibly. SD308 may choose to deploy location tracking software on Computer Resources for the sole purpose of locating devices identified as lost or stolen.
- Monitoring. The Department of Information & Technology Services (ITS) has the right to access, search, read, inspect, copy, monitor, log or otherwise use data and information stored, transmitted and processed on the SD308 Network and Computer Resources in order to execute the requirements of this policy. SD308 Network including but not limited to internet and email usage may be monitored and audited by the school management and ITS for in appropriate activity or oversight purposes. ITS reserves the right to: (1) access and make changes to any system connected to the SD308 Network and Computer Resources to address security concerns, (2) deny student access to any system to address security concerns, and (3) determine what constitutes appropriate use of these resources and to report illegal activities. ITS may intercept and/or quarantine email messages and other messaging services for business, legal or security purposes.
Applicable Board of Education Policy
- 7:15 Student and Family Privacy Rights
- 7:340 Student Records
- 7:345 Use of Educational Technologies: Student Data Privacy and Security
- 7:360 Publication of Student Photographs, Work Products and Names
- Additional Board of Education Policy As Applicable
What/When Personal Information is Collected via Solution
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How We Protect Personal Information
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions through any linked or embedded payment processing parties.
We use a SSL certificate issued to www.sd308.org by Amazon and Blackboard.com issued by Trusted Securie Certifcate Authority to secure the respective SD308.org domain and Blackboard Solution.
Statement on Cookies
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart as applicable by embedded/linked third-party vendors.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Known Third-Party Applications Used on SD308.org
The following third-party vendors may have embedded or linked content prominently placed due to the frequent use of visitors on SD308.org. BoardDocs, a Diligent Band, hereby serves as the official Board of Education website reporting tool and third-party vendor.
- 8to18 http://sat.8to18.com/
- Brightly (Formerly SchoolDude) https://www.brightlysoftware.com/
- BoardDocs https://boarddocs.com/
- Finalsite https://www.finalsite.com/
- Google (See Specific Disclosure on Google Below)
- IncidentIQ https://www.incidentiq.com/
- JotForm https://www.jotform.com/
- Pabbly https://www.pabbly.com/
- PayPal https://www.paypal.com/
- Privacy Statement https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Legal Agreements https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full
- PeachJar https://www.peachjar.com/
- Policies and Terms https://ms.peachjar.com/privacy-policy-terms.html
- Pxl.to https://www.pxl.to/
- Privacy https://www.pxl.to/privacy
- PushCoin https://www.pushcoin.com/
- Privacy Wiki https://knowhow.pushcoin.com/your-privacy/
- Safe2HelpIL https://www.safe2helpil.com/
- Stripe https://stripe.com/
- Twilio https://www.twilio.com/
- Privacy Notice https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy
- Tyler Technologies https://www.tylertech.com/
- Privacy Statement https://www.tylertech.com/privacy
- VBO Tickets https://www.vbotickets.com/
Statement on Third-Party Links
Statement on Google
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising and Google Analytics on our website.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Please see Board of Education Policies related to this subject and how we follow/enforce COPPA rules.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
Data Breach Disclosure
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email.
Additionally, see data disclosures via Blackboard Anthology and third-party vendors as Community Unit School District 308 does not manually arragate data.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Communications Removal"
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence via the communications system referenced in your request.
SD 308 Douglas Road Facility
1008 Douglas Rd
Oswego, IL 60543