Home and School Association
The HSA promotes the education and well-being of children at home, in school and in the community. We enhance the educational facilities and opportunities, for the students of Brokaw Early Learning Center, that are not otherwise provided for in the school budgets. The HSA has supported the learning of all students at Brokaw by:
- Hosting enrichment events for our students and their families to participate.
- Supporting our teachers through grants.
- Volunteering countless hours and talents to help our families, teachers and students succeed as a community of learners!
The HSA will continue this support and leadership for our school community during the 2015-2016 school year but we need your help.
Help build and protect the success of Brokaw Early Center by taking three important steps:
- Join: Complete and return the membership form to become a member of the Brokaw ELC HSA today.
- Participate: Join us at the HSA meeting throughout the year. Look for dates in the Brokaw monthly calendar. Also, attend the programs and events the HSA plans throughout the year for all families.
- Volunteer: We have many opportunities for families to get involved during school, after school and even at home.
BROKAW ELC EXEC BOARD:
President - Kim Balder
Vice-President - Lindsay Robertson
Treasurer - Anne Cavender
Recording Secretary - Vacant
Corresponding Secretary – Ashley Covelli
PURPOSE OF OUR ORGANIZATION:
- To promote the education and well-being of children at home, in school, and in the community.
- To provide a forum for discussion and to foster communication and the exchange of ideas between families, administrators, educators, and the community.
- To enhance the educational facilities and opportunities, for the students of the Brokaw ELC, that are not otherwise provided for in the school budgets.
- To promote volunteer programs and resources for Brokaw ELC. To sponsor projects and events for the benefit of Brokaw ELC students.
Membership is the key to the success of our organization. We welcome the parents, guardians, direct relatives and staff of Brokaw students to become members of the HSA. To have voting privileges, the Board asks that you donate $5.00 per family and/or volunteer a minimum of 6 hours through HSA. We encourage everyone to volunteer and/or participate in our activities and monthly meetings in order to have a fun and productive year.
Contact us at BrokawHSA@gmail.com
- Box Tops / Campbell Soup Label
- Cards for a Cause
- Little Caesar’s Pizza Kits
- Book Fair
- Teacher Grants
- Staff Appreciation