Safely Returning To In-Person Learning
Our approach to returning staff and students to in-person learning is phased and methodical, starting with our Special Education and youngest learners. As we begin bringing students back into classrooms, it will be different than it was before. Our plan includes hybrid stages that start with smaller class sizes, alternating attendance and shorter days at school. As we phase back in-person learning, families will still have the option to continue in the fully remote environment if that setting is most appropriate for their student(s).
The return to an in-person learning environment is based on these priorities:
- Minimize health risks for all students and staff
- Maximize the time for in-person instruction
- Enable families to have some choice in how to address the educational needs of their children
- Prioritize the return of in-person instruction to students with significant disabilities and our youngest learners
The reopening plan was approved at the Oct. 13 Board of Education meeting. Please view this video to learn more about the hybird learning options, schedules and timelines.
- Self-Contained Program Students Start: Week of Oct 19
- EC-5th Grade Students Start: Nov 9
- 6-12 Grade Students Start: Jan 11
* Orientation for 6th and 9th grade students is Jan 7 & 9
Parents/Guardians: If you wish to have your student continue in remote learning, please complete this form.