May 21, 2020
Dear Graduates and Families,
First we want to let you know that we are so proud of you, and join in your celebration of this monumental accomplishment. The completion of your high school career is the closing of one chapter and the start of another exciting one! This year has certainly been one you won’t soon forget.
Our school and district leaders continue to plan for our alternative graduation plans. The most current data indicates that our region should proceed to Phase 3 of Governor Pritzker’s plan, Restore Illinois, at the conclusion of May. If this occurs, some restrictions will be lifted. We are going to move forward with our graduation plan, adding some additional components as noted below.
In an effort to expand this special moment for you, two individuals will be invited to accompany each student through the graduation procession inside the school.
- These guests will be required to wear a mask or other face covering while inside the building.
- The guests will be routed in and out of the building in a one-way pattern, away from the students who will cross the stage.
- There will be no seating available for guests.
- Guests who are not feeling well and those advised by their healthcare provider to limit exposure to others should not attend.
- All building entrants will be requested to use hand sanitizer upon entrance into the building.
- Doors will be propped open to allow for guests to proceed through the path without any touch points.
Students will be required to wear a mask or face covering while inside the building until it is their time to proceed across the stage and have the professional photo captured. When they exit the stage they will need to put the mask or face covering back on.
Outside our school buildings you will find a celebratory environment and opportunities to take photos around the campus. You will be asked to maintain proper social distancing while on the school property, and to try to be as efficient as possible to allow for more students to capture photos.
A live stream of the procession throughout all three days of graduation filming will be aired, so extended family can view students as they cross the stage. We will announce the release date of our virtual graduation production in late June.
Graduates will receive their cap and gown, diploma, cords, metals and awards during belonging pick-up and drop-off on the date and time they were assigned.
Our leadership team will continue to grow and develop a plan that honors and celebrates our graduates while complying with the guidelines of the current public health crisis.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding! Congratulations to all our 2020 Graduates!!!
You can keep up to date on all Graduation 2020 information by visiting: www.sd308.org/2020
Dr. John W. Sparlin
Superintendent of School
Mr. Mike Wayne
Principal, Oswego High School
Mrs. Laura Bankowski
Principal, Oswego East High School