SD 308 BOE Recognizes Students Who Received State Awards
For immediate release
Contact: Theresa Komitas
Phone: (630) 636-3660
School District 308 Board of Education
Recognizes Students Who Received
April 8, 2019
Oswego, Ill. (April 8, 2019) — At its April 8, 2019 meeting, the Oswego Community Unit School District 308 Board of Education recognized the award-winning efforts of students who received state recognition for school-related efforts this past winter.
“We are extremely proud of the accomplishments of all our students in the district,” said Dr. John Sparlin, superintendent of schools. “The students we are recognizing have dedicated themselves in their chosen school-related athletics,activities, and academics and have received recognition at the state or national level.”
The board recognized the following individuals:
IHSA Athletes With Disabilities
- Marshall Hodge, a sophomore at Oswego East High School, competed in the IHSA Athletes with Disabilities Division and is the State Champion in the 200yd Freestyle, the 100yd Freestyle and the 100yd Breaststroke; he placed 3rd in the 50yd Freestyle; and earned All-State Honors in all 4 events.
IHSA Athletes - Combined Co-op Boys Swimming and Dive State Champions
Coached by: Deryl Leubner, Head Coach; Bob Sprung, Assistant Coach; Bob Provost, Diving Coach
- The following four individuals competed at the IHSA State Championship Combined Co-op Boys Swimming and Dive meet
- Marshall Hodge OE/10, Austin Millard OH/10, Max Padlo OE/12, and Jalen Kaku OE/12.
- Also acknowledged, are the remaining team members of the Co-op boys swim team for contributing to the team’s success throughout the year:
- John DeMarco OE/10, Brian Diner OE/12, Alex Flanders OH/12, Matthew Gorney OH/12, Cameron Harris OH/12, Mason Hodge OE/10, Trevor Maier OE/11, Beckett McGraw OH/10, Garrett O’Grady OH/11, Robert Petersen OH/11, Dean Ramsbottom OH/10, Nathaniel Tunggal OE/10, and Corey Walters OH/11
Section I FAA State Competition:
Oswego High School Floral Design Team
Team Members (1st Place)
- Messina Paratore -12th, Kate Pirc - 12th, Brook Carrigan - 12th, Reagan Fritts - 12th, and Rebecca Jermolowicz - 12th
Business Professionals of America Competition:
- Small Business Management Team - First Place/Advancing to Nationals: Courtney Callahan OE/12th, Brett Fern OE/12, Jessica Schatz OE/12, Matt Jaros OE/12
- Varun Sivasubramanian OE/10th - 2nd Place/Advancing to Nationals in Network Administration Using Microsoft
- Aarnav Kunde OE/11th - 5th Place/Advancing to Nationals in Office Procedures
- Viktoriya Ulman OE/12 - 3rd Place/Advancing to Nationals in Fundamental Accounting
- Chris Snyder OE/12 - 3rd Place/Advancing to Nationals in Fundamental Desktop Publishing
- Nicole Vydra OE/11th - 5th Place/Advancing to Nationals in Business Law
- Economic Research Team - 3rd Place (This category does not advance to nationals): Marvin Massey OE/10, Varun Sivasubramanian OE/10, Akarsh Pothula OE/10, and Saketh Boyapally OE/10
Mission Statement: In partnership with our families and communities, Oswego Community Unit School District 308 will educate all students to reach their highest potential.