USDA Summer Food Service Program Extended until December 31, 2020
For immediate release
Contact: Theresa Komitas
Phone: (630) 608-5031
USDA Summer Food Service Program
Extended until December 31, 2020
Oswego, Ill. (September 9, 2020) — The USDA has extended the Summer Food Service Program until Dec. 31st; all families may now receive free meals for children ages 2-18. Curbside pickup will resume on September 14th at Oswego High School (Door 11). Curbside pickup is available twice a week: Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00-9:30a.m. Meal delivery via bus is still available to families as well.
CURBSIDE PICKUP PROCEDURES:
- Pickups are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-9:30a.m.; OHS – door 11;
- meals available to all children in the community ages 2–18;
- survey order form no longer required; and
- please be prepared to indicate at time of pickup how many children you are picking up meals for.
BUS DELIVERY PROCEDURES:
- Transportation will send out a stop list communication.
- Delivery will be on Mondays and Wednesdays (through September 30th).
- Meal drop off locations will be at corners (indicated by transportation stop list communication).
- Each meal delivery (Monday/Wednesday) will include three breakfast/three lunch meals.
- The stop list indicates which locations and times the bus will be in your area to deliver meals for your family.
- It is important that you only utilize the listed stops, as this is the bus that will have your children's meals;
- we ask that someone be at the stop location 5 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival time that is scheduled;
- someone must come to the bus to receive the meals and be checked off;
- the person retrieving the meals must wear a face covering; and
- if you are sending small children, a bag or backpack may be helpful to ensure all items arrive into the home.
- This will be the plan for the next two weeks (through September 30th).
Beginning Monday, October 4th, meals will only be distributed via school pick up at OHS, Door 11.
More information will be available soon.
For more information, please visit: www.sd308.org/RemoteMealDelivery
Mission Statement: In partnership with our families and communities, Community Unit School District 308 will educate all students to reach their highest potential.