Return to Headlines
The News app is used to distribute articles, files, and links to different parts of the district website with the use of tags.
To add to Department News:
- Log onto the Website at the top of the web page.
- Visit https://www.sd308.org/Page/26550
- Click the "Edit" button in the top right of the page.
- Click on the "gray pencil icon" on the District News App.
- Click on "New" to add a new story.
- Enter a "Headline Title"
- Add an "Accent Image"
- Select File
- Shared Images
- Choose Folder (Icons-Shared, Departments, Icons-Standard)
- Select Image
- Select checkbox by "This Image is Decorative (Does not convey information)" or type in "Image Alt Text" describing the image.
- Enter a "Start Date" in MM/DD/YY formula.
- Optional: Enter an "End Date" in MM/DD/YY formula. This will automatically take your post offline.
- Select the "Current Content Type"
- Article: Any typed content.
- File: Any uploaded file.
- Link: Anything posted online that you have a hyperlink address for.
- Optional: Enter "Teaser Text"
- For all PDF Documents please note this here.
- Any longer or subtext you need below the heading of your article.
- IMPORTANT: Add tags from the tag list with a coma between them. This will magically make your item appear in all of the correct places on the website. Do not add new tags not listed below.
Espanol Tag: Please tag anything in Spanish as Espanol.
- Click "SAVE" button.
- Ed Services
- EL en Espanol
- English Learner
- Food Services
- Good News
- Health Services
- Public Notices
- Student Services