Curriculum Review Cycle
Through curriculum review, our District is committed to renew all core and elective subjects to align to the Illinois State Learning Standards.
- Secondary Math Curriculum Team collaborated on the new math curriculum. This included the creation of scope and sequences, curriculum guides, and assessments.
- Board of Education approved the following math resources for the new math curriculum: Glencoe Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 non-consumable textbook
English Language Arts
- Secondary English Language Arts (ELA) Curriculum Team collaborated on revising ELA curriculum during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school years. This included the creation of scope and sequences, curriculum guides, assessments, and rubrics.
- Board of Education approved the following ELA resources for the new ELA curriculum: SpringBoard English Language Arts Grades 9-12 consumable textbooks and digital access, and Achieve3000 digital Tier 2 literacy intervention.
- Secondary Science Curriculum Team continues their work on building course pathways, scope and sequences, curriculum guides; and evaluating resources
- Use of supplemental Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) aligned resources
- Secondary Kinetic Wellness Curriculum Team started collaborated on the new kinetic wellness curriculum in the 2015-2016 school year
- Work included creating curriculum guides and assessments, and implementation of new curriculum at the start of the 2016-2017 school year
- The Secondary World Languages Curriculum Team started collaborating on the new world languages curriculum in 2015-2016.
- New resources will be implemented for Chinese in 2021-2022, and new resources were implemented for French in 2017-2018, Spanish in 2019-2020, and German in 2020-2021 school year.